A roast chicken is often served as a Sunday lunch and is always popular. Remember that peri-peri is quite hot, so season it to your family’s preference. Or use more paprika instead of the peri-peri for a milder flavour.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2. Mix the oil with all the seasonings, except the salt, in the bowl. Spread some of this paste over the chicken.
3. Place chicken in a large oven dish.
4. Toss the potatoes with the remaining paste and place in the oven dish around the chicken.
5. Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pour the water into the oven dish. Cover with foil and roast chicken and potatoes for 30 minutes. Remove foil, toss potatoes in liquid and roast for another 30 minutes or until cooked.
6. Serve with green veggies or a salad.
1. The chicken bones can be used for a Homemade stock. See recipe here.
2. If your oven is big enough, double the recipe and make 2 chickens. Use the other chicken for another meal.
This recipe is in Cooking from the heart 1. Download PDF recipe book here.
Copyright © 2012 - 2020 Cooking from the heart. All Rights Reserved.