This is a delicious, warm, vegetarian breakfast and the veggies are very versatile. See the tips below.
1. Preheat oven to 200 °C. Mix oil, vinegar and dried herbs in a large bowl. Season with half the salt, lemon juice and pepper.
2. Add all the veggies, except the spinach and mix well to coat with the oil. Place in a single layer on a large baking tray.
3. Roast for 20 minutes or until the veggies are golden brown and cooked. Stir in spinach and roast for another 5 minutes to heat through.
4. Meanwhile, heat a very thin layer of oil in a frying pan. Fry eggs over a medium heat until cooked to your preference. Season with the remaining ¼ tsp (1,2 ml) salt.
5. Serve spoonfuls of veggies on toast. Place an egg (or 2 for a more filling breakfast or brunch) on top and season with pepper. Garnish with herbs and serve immediately with slices of avocado.
1. Serve these veggies as a side dish with meat, fish or sausage or stir in a tin of chickpeas for a vegetarian meal. Left-overs are perfect for a lunch box.
2. If you enjoy an egg with a runny yolk, the yolk will be extra ‘sauce’ on the veggies.
3. Make a double batch of the veggies and use some for supper, tossed into pasta.
4. If you don’t want to serve the veggies with eggs, heat a tin of pilchards in tomato sauce and serve on the veggies.
This recipe is in Cooking from the heart 2. Download PDF recipe book here.
Copyright © 2012 - 2020 Cooking from the heart. All Rights Reserved.