This recipe is in Cooking from the Heart 2
Ready in 30 minutes
1. Mix all the salad ingredients together.
2. Salad dressing: mix all the ingredients together and season with lemon juice and pepper.
3. Toss dressing through the salad. Keep the avocado separate and cut just before eating. Enjoy as a light meal or as lunch at work. Pack a portion of fruit for a more filling lunch.
1. For a different flavour, use orange juice instead of the vinegar in the salad dressing. Leave out the sugar.
2. This salad will be delicious with herbs like mint and parsley. Add fresh leaves to the salad just before serving.
3. Beans like red kidney beans, butter beans and cannellini beans work well in this dish. Use a combination of beans and chickpeas or just beans, if preferred.