Snoek is delicious with a touch of sweetness and a mild spice like cumin. Try it in the oven or braai it outside.
1. Mix chutney, jam, cumin, lemon juice, half the oil and salt. Season with pepper.
2. Brush a braai grid with the rest of the oil and place fish, with the skin side on the grid.
3. Brush fish with jam mixture. Braai for 15-20 minutes over medium coals with the skin side down.
4. Turn over and brown for a few minutes or until the fish flakes easily. Take care not to burn or overcook the fish.
5. Serve with baked sweet potato and a green salad.
1. To bake in the oven, brush a large piece of foil with half the oil. Place fish on foil in an oven dish and brush fish as above. Bake at 180 °C for 20 minutes or until cooked. The top of the fish will brown in the oven.
This recipe is in Cooking from the heart 1. Download PDF recipe book here.
Copyright © 2012 - 2020 Cooking from the heart. All Rights Reserved.