Sosaties or kebabs are a popular way to cook meat over the coals. This simple marinade can be used for any meat.
1. Mix lemon juice, oil, origanum, salt and pepper.
2. Place meat in a shallow dish and pour marinade over. Stir through to coat the meat.
3. Marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
4. Thread meat onto sosatie sticks, alternating with onion, peppers and pineapple.
5. Braai over medium coals for 8-10 minutes on each side or until the meat is cooked, but still juicy. Baste any remaining marinade over the sosaties, while braaiing.
1. Fry these sosaties over a medium heat in a frying pan using the marinade. This marinade can be used to make chicken or fish sosaties.
2. If available, dried prunes or apricots are delicious on these sosaties.
3. Add 1 tsp curry powder to the marinade, if preferred.
This recipe is in Cooking from the heart 1. Download PDF recipe book here.
Copyright © 2012 - 2020 Cooking from the heart. All Rights Reserved.