This recipe is in Cooking from the Heart 2
Ready in 15 minutes
Homemade popcorn is such a treat and the ideal lunch box filler. A healthier alternative to shop-bought salty snacks like crisps, at home you can control how much salt and oil is used.
1. Place oil in a large pot with a lid and swirl to coat the base of the pot with the oil.
2. Sprinkle the kernels in an even layer on the base of the pot. Cover with a lid and heat over a medium heat.
3. When the popcorn kernels begin to pop, don’t leave the pot unattended. When there is more than 2 seconds between each ‘pop’, remove the pot from the heat. Do not remove the lid until the popping stops.
4. Mix the salt and herbs or spices and sprinkle over the hot popcorn. Toss through and serve immediately.
1. Pack popcorn in your kids' lunch boxes. Keep in an airtight container or a sealable plastic bag.