This recipe is in Cooking from the Heart 2
Ready in 2 hours 30 minutes
This tea is very refreshing and a healthier alternative to fizzy, sugary cold drinks. Keep a jug of this ice tea in the fridge in summer.
1. Place tea bags, spices and ginger in a large glass jug and pour over boiling water. Stir well and allow to cool for about 2 hours. Remove tea bags, ginger and spices.
2. Add juice to the tea and season with lemon juice to taste.
3. Serve ice cold with ice and your choice of mint leaves, fruit and lemon.
1. When buying fruit juice, remember to read the label and only buy pure or 100 % fruit juice.
2. In summer when it’s hot outside, freeze this ice tea in ice cube or ice lolly trays for the kids. This is a good alternative to ice-cream.
* includes cooling time