This recipe is in Cooking from the Heart 2
Ready in 15 minutes
1. Mix avocados, lemon juice, lemon rind, cumin, herbs and tomato. Add salt and season with pepper.
2. Serve as part of a light lunch as a dip with fresh veggies like cucumber, peppers or carrot sticks. Dip toasted wholewheat pitas into the guacamole or spread onto any sandwich. Enjoy with fresh fruit and a handful of nuts or seeds.
1. Add paprika, cayenne pepper or chilli to the guacamole for a spicier flavour.
2. Grating lemon rind is easy, just use the small side of the grater and don't grate any of the bitter, white pith.
3. This guacamole is not only great as part of a lunch, but equally good with meat, fish or chicken. Serve it on wholewheat toast or a sandwich for a quick lunch.
4. Stir chopped onion or spring onions into the mixture for added flavour. Alternatively stir plain low-fat yoghurt into the guacamole to use as a dip.
Serving Size 4 to 6