Mashed potato has its own creamy texture. Just a little bit of milk and oil is enough to make it smooth. Try out your own flavours with different herbs and spices.
1. Place potatoes, garlic, ½ tsp of the salt and some water in a pot. Bring to the boil and reduce the heat.
2. Simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
3. Drain well and return potatoes and garlic to the pot.
4. Mash with a potato masher and stir in the remaining ingredients to form a smooth mixture.
5. Serve as a side dish with a meat dish of your choice.
1. For a cheesy flavour stir in 2 tbsp buttermilk or plain smooth low-fat cottage cheese.
2. Make mash with different veggies. A combination of potatoes and sweet potatoes or butternut and even carrots work well.
3. Fresh or dried herbs can be added to mash, like origanum, parsley or thyme.
This recipe is in Cooking from the heart 1. Download PDF recipe book here.
Copyright © 2012 - 2020 Cooking from the heart. All Rights Reserved.