This interactive way of serving dessert is a healthier alternative to overly sweet puddings. The chocolate sauce is delicious with any seasonal fresh fruit.
1. Place milk, chocolate and sugar in a small pot. Heat over a low heat, while stirring all the time, to melt the chocolate and dissolve the sugar.
2. Mix cornflour, cocoa and cinnamon with 2 tbsp (30 ml) water to form a smooth paste without lumps.
3. Add some of the warm milk mixture to the paste and stir well. Stir back into the milk mixture in the pot.
4. Stir continuously over a medium heat for 8 - 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Spoon into a warm bowl.
5. Dip fruit or some of the other suggested ingredients in the warm chocolate sauce.
1. The sauce will thicken as it cools down. Just stir in a tablespoon of boiling water to thin it down again.
2. The chocolate sauce can also be served with ice cream. Only use 2 tsp (10 ml) cornflour and prepare as above. The recipe will then serve 8 - 10.
This recipe is in Cooking from the heart 4. Download PDF recipe book here.
Serving Size Serves 4 to 6
Copyright © 2012 - 2020 Cooking from the heart. All Rights Reserved.