This recipe is in Cooking from the Heart 3
Ready in 40 mins
This velvety pudding has lots of flavour and very little sugar.
1. Mix sugar, cornflour, cocoa and cinnamon with a little milk to form a paste.
2. Gently heat remaining milk in a small saucepan. Add some warm milk to the paste and stir back into the rest of the milk.
3. Stir continuously over a medium heat until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
4. Divide hot mixture into 4 small bowls or cups. Allow to cool and chill in the fridge.
Serve with the pears and 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped nuts per person. Alternatively, serve as a warm custard over the pears.
1. For a special treat, grate 1-2 small blocks of dark chocolate over the hot pudding.
2. To serve as a custard, add ½ cup (125 ml) extra milk.
3. Omit the cornflour to serve as a hot cocoa drink.
* Allow 1 hour cooling time
Serving Size Serves 4