This recipe is in Cooking from the Heart 3
Ready in 1 hour 30 mins
A flavourful way to add colour and variety to your plate is to roast butternut with aromatic spices.
1. Preheat oven to 180 ˚C. Place spices, half the oil, salt, lemon juice, water and butternut in a large bowl and mix well.
2. Season with black pepper and place
in an oven dish. Roast for 30 minutes or until butternut is tender. Allow to cool.
Stir in chickpeas.
3. Spoon onto spinach or lettuce and drizzle with remaining oil. Enjoy as a salad.
Serve with oven-baked or roasted fish, chicken or meat. Fill your plate with green veggies, fruit or a tomato salad.
1. Crumble 1 slice of feta over the salad for more flavour, but omit the salt.
2. For added texture, serve with raw pumpkin seeds.
3. The spinach can be stirred into the hot butternut to soften the leaves a little. Serve as above.
4. Add any fresh ingredients of your choice like tomatoes, cucumber or green beans to the salad.
Serving Size Serves 4