South Africans love to braai. Try this buttermilk marinade, instead of a shop-bought marinade.
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Place pork chops in a shallow dish and pour marinade over.
3. Stir through to coat chops with marinade. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Braai chops over medium coals for 5-8 minutes on each side or until cooked to your preference.
5. Serve with Oven-baked chips and a salad and lemon wedges. (see tips)
1. Make your own Oven-baked chips. See recipe here.
2. Pan-fry chops in a thin layer of oil for a few minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked.
3. Chicken pieces, skin and fat removed or lean lamb chops are also delicious with this marinade.
4. Spicy marinade: Add 2 tsp paprika, 1 tsp each ground coriander and cumin to marinade.
This recipe is in Cooking from the heart 1. Download PDF recipe book here.
Copyright © 2012 - 2020 Cooking from the heart. All Rights Reserved.