A flavourful one-pot supper. The butternut and spices are perfect with the beef and beans.
1. Soak beans in 1 litre of water overnight. Rinse and drain.
2. Heat half the oil in a pot and fry meat until golden brown. Spoon out and set aside.
3. Heat the rest of the oil and fry onions, carrots and green pepper for a few minutes.
4. Add beans, meat, water and cinnamon. Bring to the boil and reduce the heat.
5. Simmer with a lid for 1½ hours or until the beans and meat are almost tender.
6. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for another 30 minutes or until the meat, beans and veggies are tender.
7. Season with lemon juice and pepper and serve hot.
1. Leave out the potatoes and serve on a small portion of samp. Add 1 cup of frozen peas to the sishebo at the end.
This recipe is in Cooking from the heart 1. Download PDF recipe book here.
Copyright © 2012 - 2020 Cooking from the heart. All Rights Reserved.