If you often prepare fish with a creamy white sauce, rather try this healthy and tasty tomato and herb version.
1. Preheat oven to 180 °C.
2. Crumble bread with your fingertips to form small pieces.
3. Mix breadcrumbs with lemon rind, salt, pepper, garlic and origanum.
4. Place fish in an oven dish or baking tray and pack a few slices of tomato on top of each portion.
5. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture and pour lemon juice and oil over the fish. Pour water into the dish to prevent fish from sticking and drying out.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until the fish is just cooked and the crumbs are golden brown. Don’t overcook the fish.
7. Serve immediately with salad or veggies and a baked potato.
1. Crumbed chicken: Dip chicken portions in buttermilk and then top with the crumb mixture. Bake as above.
This recipe is in Cooking from the heart 1. Download PDF recipe book here.
Copyright © 2012 - 2020 Cooking from the heart. All Rights Reserved.