Taking a lunch box to school or work can be much healthier than buying meals and unhealthy snacks every day.
Fresh fruit and peanut butter dip
This peanut butter dip makes snacking on fruit even yummier! The peanut butter adds a slightly sweeter flavour to the yoghurt, perfect for those late afternoon munchies.
3 tbsp (45 ml) peanut butter
½ cup (125 ml) plain low-fat yoghurt
4 apples or pears, cut in wedges
- Place peanut butter in a bowl and mix until slightly softened. Stir in the yoghurt and mix well until smooth.
- Serve peanut butter dip with fruit wedges as a mid-afternoon snack. Pack the dip in a small container with a lid for lunch box to enjoy when that sweet-tooth craving hits.
- Savoury dip for veggie sticks: Mix ½ cup (125 ml) low-fat cottage cheese with ¼ cup (60 ml) plain low-fat yoghurt and season with lemon juice and black pepper. Add chopped fresh herbs, if preferred.
- Use any seasonal fruit of your choice to dunk into the dip.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon or a drop of vanilla essence to the dip for a different flavour.
- Make sure you use a good quality peanut butter that is lower in salt and sugar. Read the food label to make the best choice.