Affordable, tasty recipes for breakfast, lunch and snacks – good for the whole family.
Fresh fruit and peanut butter dip
Serves 4 (170 ml)
Ready in 15 minutes
This peanut butter dip makes snacking on fruit even yummier! The peanut butter adds a slightly sweeter flavour to the yoghurt, making it ideal for those late afternoon munchies.
3 tbsp (45 ml) peanut butter
½ cup (125 ml) plain low-fat yoghurt
4 apples or pear, cut in wedges
- Place peanut butter in a bowl and mix until slightly softened. Stir in the yoghurt and mix well until smooth.
- Serve peanut butter dip with fruit wedges as a mid-afternoon snack. The peanut butter and fruit can help to curb your sweet tooth cravings.
- Make a savoury dip for veggie sticks: Mix ½ cup (125 ml) low-fat cottage cheese with ¼ cup (60 ml) plain low-fat yoghurt and season with lemon juice and black pepper. Add chopped fresh herbs, if preferred.
- Use any seasonal fruit of your choice to dunk into the dip. This is also a great lunch box filler for kids.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon or a drop of vanilla essence to the dip for a different flavour.
- Make sure you use a good quality peanut butter that is lower in salt and sugar. Click here for more detail on reading food labels.