Affordable, tasty recipes for breakfast, lunch and snacks – good for the whole family.
Recipe adapted from Cooking from the heart 2
Serves 6 (2 litres)
Ready in 2 hours 30 minutes**
This tea is very refreshing and a healthier alternative to fizzy, sugary cold drinks. Pack this for a picnic on a hot summer’s day.
8 Rooibos tea bags or flavoured Rooibos of your choice
1 cinnamon stick
4 whole cloves
6 thin slices ginger
4 cups (1 litre) boiling water
4 cups (1 litre) 100 % grape, apple or berry juice, chilled
lemon juice to taste
ice cubes, mint leaves, fresh fruit (like blueberries or grapes) or lemon slices to serve
- Place tea bags, spices and ginger in a large glass jug and pour over boiling water. Stir well and allow to cool for about 2 hours. Remove tea bags, ginger and spices.
- Add juice to the tea and season with lemon juice to taste.
- Serve cold with ice and mint leaves, fruit and lemon. Thread blueberries or grapes and mint onto cocktail skewers to add to each glass – this will not only look impressive, but taste great too.
- When buying fruit juice, remember to read the label and only buy pure or 100 % fruit juice.
- Flavoured Rooibos tea will be delicious in this, try a berry or spicy Chai flavoured tea.
**Includes cooling time