Affordable, tasty recipes for breakfast, lunch and snacks – good for the whole family.
Fresh fruit and peanut butter dip
This peanut butter dip makes snacking on fruit even yummier! The peanut butter adds a slightly sweeter flavour to the yoghurt, perfect for those late afternoon munchies.
3 tbsp (45 ml) peanut butter
½ cup (125 ml) plain low-fat yoghurt
4 apples or pears, cut in wedges
- Place peanut butter in a bowl and mix until slightly softened. Stir in the yoghurt and mix well until smooth.
- Serve peanut butter dip with fruit wedges as a mid-afternoon snack. Pack the dip in a small container with a lid for lunch box to enjoy when that sweet-tooth craving hits.
- Savoury dip for veggie sticks: Mix ½ cup (125 ml) low-fat cottage cheese with ¼ cup (60 ml) plain low-fat yoghurt and season with lemon juice and black pepper. Add chopped fresh herbs, if preferred.
- Use any seasonal fruit of your choice to dunk into the dip.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon or a drop of vanilla essence to the dip for a different flavour.
- Make sure you use a good quality peanut butter that is lower in salt and sugar. Read the food label to make the best choice.