Affordable, tasty recipes for breakfast, lunch and snacks – good for the whole family.
- Mini meat balls
- Spicy butter bean bites
- Tuna and corn cakes
- Creamy fish spread
- Vegetarian chickpea salad
- Green salad with chicken
- Crispy chicken strips
- Crunchy lentil salad
- Roasted chickpea dip
- Quick veggie soup
- Easy tomato soup
- Sandwich with spicy tuna
- Salad sandwich
- Spinach and corn bakes
Spinach and corn bakes
Ready in 45 minutes
These bakes are so easy to make and a great idea to pack in a lunch box.
1 x 410 g tin cream style sweetcorn
4 eggs, beaten
3 spinach leaves, finely shredded
100 ml cake flour
1 tbsp (15 ml) sunflower or canola oil
1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
¼ tsp (1,2 ml) salt
lemon juice and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and grease a muffin pan.
- Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined. Season with lemon juice and pepper.
- Divide mixture into muffin pan and sprinkle extra paprika on top, if preferred. Bake for 20 minutes or until set. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- Serve as part of a light lunch with lemon wedges and a bean or lentil salad. Add avocado when in season.
- This is a delicious snack served hot or at room temperature.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of each bake before baking.
- To make it a more filling lunch, serve with left-over cooked butternut, sweet potatoes or baby potatoes.
- This recipe makes 12 small bakes.