Affordable, tasty recipes for breakfast, lunch and snacks – good for the whole family.
- Mini meat balls
- Spicy butter bean bites
- Tuna and corn cakes
- Creamy fish spread
- Vegetarian chickpea salad
- Green salad with chicken
- Crispy chicken strips
- Crunchy lentil salad
- Roasted chickpea dip
- Quick veggie soup
- Easy tomato soup
- Sandwich with spicy tuna
- Salad sandwich
- Spinach and corn bakes
Sandwich with spicy tuna
Ready in 20 minutes
1 x 170 g tin tuna in water, drained
2 tbsp (30 ml) mayonnaise
1 tbsp (15 ml) chutney
1 tbsp (15 ml) tomato sauce
½ tsp (2,5 ml) mild curry powder or to taste
8 slices wholewheat or brown bread
- Mix tuna, mayonnaise, chutney and tomato sauce and season with curry powder. Divide mixture between 4 slices of bread.
- Close the sandwiches with the remaining 4 slices of bread and toast in a toaster or serve as it is.
- To pack in a lunch box, you can pack the tuna mixture separately and spread on toast or bread when you are ready to eat. Serve with salad ingredients like lettuce and cucumber or fresh fruit of your choice.
- Chopped fresh herbs, like parsley or coriander will be delicious in this tuna mixture.
- If you are not toasting this sandwich, add lettuce or tomato for an added crunch.
- Make your own chicken mayonnaise sandwich. Substitute tuna for 1 cup cooked chicken and use as above. Click here for a juicy chicken recipe.
- Remember when buying mayonnaise, chutney and tomato sauce to choose the best quality possible that is lower in salt, sugar and fat. Check the food labels and click here for more detail.