Affordable, tasty recipes for the whole family – to sustain your energy and suitable for those with diabetes.
Pan-fried pineapple with coconut-yoghurt
Ready in 30 minutes
Carb key: less than 30 g carbs per portion
1 medium pineapple, peeled
3 tbsp (45 ml) desiccated coconut
2 tsp (10 ml) sunflower oil
175 ml plain low-fat yoghurt
handful mint fresh leaves to serve
- Cut pineapple into 6 thick, even slices.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and toast coconut without any oil until golden brown. Take care not to burn it. Spoon out.
- In the same pan, heat oil and fry pineapple slices on both sides until golden brown and just cooked.
- Mix 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the coconut with the yoghurt.
Serve 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the yoghurt mixture with the pineapple, sprinkle with remaining coconut and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- Try this recipe with plums, peaches or apricots in summer.
Energy 382 kJ
Protein 1,6 g
Fat 3,8 g
Carbohydrates 10,9 g
Salt 0 g