Affordable, tasty recipes for the whole family – to sustain your energy and suitable for those with diabetes.
Ready in 45 minutes * Allow 1 hour cooling time
Carb key: less than 30 g carbs per portion
These little desserts have a smooth, soft and creamy texture. The yoghurt and cottage cheese adds a cheesecake flavour that is delicious.
¾ cup (180 ml) plain smooth low-fat cottage cheese
175 ml plain low-fat yoghurt
1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
1 tbsp (15 ml) cornflour
1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla essence
1 x 119 g tin granadilla pulp
12-18 medium strawberries or orange segments
- Preheat the oven to 160 ˚C. Whisk all the ingredients, except the strawberries or oranges, together until well combined.
- Divide the mixture between 6 individual ovenproof dishes or ramekins.
- Place dishes on a baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes or until just set. To test, gently shake the tray to see how firm it is. It will continue to set as it cools down.
- Turn off the oven and allow to cool down in the oven. Refrigerate and allow to cool completely.
Serve cold with 2-3 strawberries or orange segments per person.
- Grate 1-2 blocks of dark chocolate over the cheesecakes. Or garnish with toasted nuts, coconut or cocoa powder.
Energy 488 kJ
Protein 7,1 g
Fat 3,8 g
Carbohydrates 10,1 g
Salt 0,2 g