The most important aim of this recipe book is to help people to cook heart healthy meals using readily available and economical ingredients.
Strawberry yoghurt tart
Recipe from Talana Kluits
Make this strawberry tart as a tea-time treat or dessert and try different fruit flavours of jelly and yoghurt the next time you make it.
½ x 200 g packet Marie biscuits
2 tbsp (30 ml) soft tub margarine, melted
1 x 80 g packet strawberry jelly powder
300 ml strawberry flavoured low-fat yoghurt
1 x 250 g tub plain smooth low-fat cottage cheese
- Place biscuits in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin or a small glass.
- Mix biscuit crumbs with margarine. Press onto the base of a tart dish.
- Dissolve the jelly powder with ½ cup boiling water and allow to cool, but not set.
- Mix yoghurt and cottage cheese and stir into the cooled jelly.
- Pour over biscuit crumbs and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve cold with fresh fruit.