The most important aim of this recipe book is to help people to cook heart healthy meals using readily available and economical ingredients.
Recipe from Keneoe Moroa
These are a healthy alternative to deep-fried chips. Kids love them and the garlic becomes sweet and golden for the adults. Do try the flavour options in the tips.
8 medium potatoes in the skin
3 tbsp (45 ml) sunflower oil
black pepper to taste
½ tsp (2,5 ml) salt
1 tsp (5 ml) dried thyme or rosemary
6-8 cloves of garlic, peeled
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Cut potatoes into wedges and place in a bowl.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and pour over the potatoes. Mix well to coat the potatoes with the oil.
- Place in a single layer on an oven tray. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- This recipe works well with sweet potatoes and butternut, or a combination of these.
- The potatoes can be boiled or microwaved until almost tender and then cut into wedges. Then they will bake for 20 minutes.
- Spicy potatoes: Replace the herbs with 2 tsp paprika, curry powder or turmeric.