The most important aim of this recipe book is to help people to cook heart healthy meals using readily available and economical ingredients.
Green goddess pasta salad
Recipe from Margot Ann Garson
The name of this recipe was a way for Margot to convince her kids to eat fresh veggies.
250 g shell noodles or other small pasta shapes
½ tsp (2,5 ml) salt
3 tbsp (45 ml) sunflower oil
1 tsp (5 ml) prepared mustard
3 tbsp (45 ml) lemon juice
1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
1 green or red pepper, seeds removed and chopped
½ cucumber, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 green chilli, finely chopped (optional)
1 cup (250 ml) frozen whole kernel corn or peas, rinsed
3 tbsp (45 ml) chopped fresh parsley or coriander
black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add pasta and salt. Cook until tender and drain well.
- Meanwhile mix the oil, mustard, lemon juice and sugar.
- Pour half of this dressing over the warm pasta and mix through. Allow to cool.
- Mix remaining ingredients with the pasta and dressing and season with pepper.
- When in season, an avocado is delicious in this salad.
- You can add left-over chicken or tuna for a light meal.
- This salad can be made with 2 cups cooked brown rice instead of pasta.